Everyone wants younger, healthier-looking skin. But many of the products we are using and lifestyle choices we are making cause better skin to be very elusive. In the following article, we will be discussing the following topics:
- Some of the leading causes of premature skin aging
- Some of the products that you should include in your daily skincare routine
- Lifestyle choices you can make to improve the look and health of your skin
- Things you should try to avoid if you want healthier-looking skin
- 8 tips that you can put into effect today that will help stop premature aging
- How environmental factors contribute to premature skin aging
An Overview Of Premature Skin Aging
Premature skin aging can be the product of many things. For many men and women, it can simply be a matter of genes. For some, excessive stress is the problem. And still, for others, excessive alcohol, tobacco, and recreational drug use may be the culprit. That’s why there is no universal natural remedy for wrinkles and blemishes. The specific cause is what should dictate the most effective solution.
That’s why it’s always best to talk to a dermatologist about steps you can take to prevent premature skin aging. They might suggest the best anti-wrinkle cream, a change in diet, or possibly a change of scenery.
That’s right, even your environment can be harming and prematurely aging your skin. A study published in 2020 found that air pollution can accelerate premature skin aging and cause other serious skin problems.
The bad news is that there are a lot of things that can cause your skin to age prematurely. However, it’s not all doom and gloom for your skin. With a little bit of forethought and proactivity, you can prevent and, in some cases, reverse the signs of premature skin aging.
However, it should be noted that some instances will require special care. For example, there are rare skin diseases that can cause premature skin aging. Werner syndrome has been known to cause visible skin aging and affects 20 in 1 million Americans.
In rare and not often understood cases like Werner syndrome, even the best anti-wrinkle cream may not be enough to make a visible improvement. Again, that’s why it’s so important to keep up with regular appointments not only with your doctor; but your dermatologist or skincare expert as well.
So what steps can you take to improve the resilience of your skin and give it a fighting chance against premature aging?
8 Ways To Reduce Premature Skin Aging
Whether you prefer a natural remedy for wrinkles and fine lines or you are looking for something more drastic, here are 8 effective ways to prevent premature skin aging:
- Don’t Go Without SPF – No one ever said skincare was going to be easy. Many of the points on our list will involve adding time to your night skincare routineor your morning skincare routine. Case in point: applying sunscreen every day. But not just any sunscreen – a moisturizer or dedicated sunscreen product with a factor of SPF+ 30 or higher.
- Splurge on Facials – Getting a professional facial can work wonders for your skin, opening up the pores and allowing it to absorb more nutrients that will help it fight the signs of premature skin aging. If possible, go for a professional facial regularly – maybe once or twice a month.
- Get More Exercise – Some studies have shown a correlation between skin resilience and regular exercise. The link is most likely due to the increased blood flow that occurs during cardio exercise.
- Avoid Certain Skincare Products – It can be difficult to tell which skincare products will be helpful for some but harmful to others. But the basic rule of thumb is if the product you use in your day or night skincare routineburns, stings, or irritates your skin in any way, stop using it.
- Avoid Drinking and Smoking – This is one of the lifestyle changes you can make to slow skin aging. Alcohol and smoking tobacco drain your skin of hydration which more often than not, will lead to wrinkles and fine lines.
- Remove Makeup – If you wear makeup, be sure to remove it every night before you go to sleep. Use a gentle makeup remover and wash your face with a gentle cleanser after removal.
- Eat Nutrient-Rich Foods – Natural foods are the way to go if you want to prevent premature skin aging. Some of the most skin-friendly foods include avocado, nuts, broccoli, spinach, red bell pepper, blueberries, and papaya. These foods are packed full of nutrients that will improve the look of your skin.
- Use A Good Moisturizer – Last but not least, be sure that you are moisturizing your skin at least once a day. Keeping your skin moisturized may prevent skin itching or irritation.
A Word On Skincare Products
Good skincare products are essential if you want to prevent premature skin aging. But how do you choose the right one for you?
You may have heard a lot about Lavelier, but is it right for your skin? To find out, you should read a Lavelier Skin Care reviews.
Reading real customer reviews on these kinds of products is a great way to gauge how you can expect the skin treatment to affect your skin. If you do choose to research a product like Lavelier, be sure to read a comprehensive Lavelier Skin Care review from a reputable, non-biased site.
Of course, it’s always advisable to see your dermatologist regularly. Also, try to minimize stressful situations as much as possible as excessive stress can lead to triggers that cause inflammation or simply unhealthy habits that affect the skin, like drinking and smoking.
As always, drinking plenty of water, eating right, and getting plenty of exercise are healthy practices for nearly everything, including the skin, so don’t omit these for your routine.
For more valuable information visit the website