One of the most helpful telephone technologies that businesses can use is SIP trunking. What is SIP trunking? While this name may be unfamiliar, established and growing businesses will certainly like its features. We break down what this technology means for commercial entities. Also, you can prefer a 3-digit area code + 8-digit Telephone Numbers that is best for your business.
What is SIP trunking?
SIP trunking or Session Initiation Protocol trunking is a form of business communication that involves sending and receiving messages over internet-enabled PBX (private branch exchange) equipment. This type of business phone system replaces traditional telephone systems as it upgrades the PBX to a phone network that is powered by the internet.
With the SIP trunking technology, a business phone system can benefit from advanced unified communication features such as instant messaging and video conferencing.
What is SIP trunking – How this new technology works for your business
SIP is an innovative communication protocol that can be used to start and stop cloud-hosted business communications such as instant messaging, video chats, and voice calls. SIP can be used to support VoIP (voice-over-internet-protocol) services by sending and receiving phone calls with the help of the internet.
The following sequences break down the way SIP trunking works for businesses:
1. An employee from the business uses the office phone to initiate a call. This goes through your PBX phone system.
2. The office telephone system tries to map your call destination. As soon as this is successful, it then delivers this call to your ITSP (Internet telephony service provider).
3. Then your ITSP uses SIP trunking to establish a connection with the SIP-based PBX to the PSTN (public switched telephone network).
4. The PSTN goes on to route your call around after which it will then deliver the phone call directly to the recipient’s ITSP.
Understanding how SIP trunks help businesses communicate
If you are still asking, “what is SIP trunking,” then you are late to the party. SIP trunks use a packet-switched phone network to condense voice calls as digital packets. It then directs these packets over a network where they ultimately get to the recipient. With this technique, businesses can perform real-time communications using the internet. Some business communications that can be established this way are instant messaging and video conferencing.
Benefits of SIP trunking for businesses
What is SIP trunking and how it helps your business? SIP trunking has many benefits for businesses. They help to transform basic business communication systems by upgrading traditional PBXs to cloud-hosted telephone systems. From unified communications to extremely huge cost savings, SIP trunking help businesses get the optimized communications experience that they so much crave. When it comes to what SIP trunking can do for businesses, there are many. These are the most popular benefits:
1. Reduces overhead costs: One of the best benefits of using SIP trunking is that you do not need a traditional telephone line. This means that you will not have to buy bundles of circuits to make calls simultaneously. With SIP trunking, users get a virtual telephone line bundle that is powered by the internet to enable voice services. With this advantage, businesses can make huge cost savings. This is a good advantage for businesses that handle large telephone calls with multiple phone lines.
2. Better flexibility for scaling up: Depending on how you use SIP trunking, it can help you scale up easily. With SIP trunking, you can easily add more channels. It can also be used to cope with increasing volumes of calls. It is suitable for businesses that are experiencing growth. With SIP trunking, businesses get to pick the appropriate number of channels that they need. This is against paying for lines that are not being used. Additionally, since many providers deliver unlimited capacity, you do not have to worry about maki g any physical installations.
3. Excellent reliability: SIP trunking has more reliability in comparison to traditional telephone systems. Whether in the case of network problems, equipment failure, or bad weather, it is extremely reliable. With SIP trunking businesses can access superior features by being able to keep making calls, especially in the case of system failure. Businesses can keep using their phones when a failure occurs. When they make a call, this is routed to other lines or devices. Many SIP trunking service providers provide disaster preparedness plans to support easy troubleshooting whenever system failures occur.
Click here more info.