Hailed as the ‘Queen of Hills’, Shimla is a spectacular tourist destination in the northern state of Himachal Pradesh. It is flocked by tourists from the country and the world. Be it a weekend gateway or a planned vacation, there are many picturesque places in Shimla that you can explore. You will also marvel at the verdant meadows, British-era architecture, rolling hills, captivating waterfalls, and majestic mountain peaks. Admire numerous activities like trekking, hiking, camping, and skiing on the slopes of snow-capped mountains. You can even find ample shopping and eating opportunities to satiate your soul.
When you plan to visit Shimla, you will get confused by the incredible number of places you can cover. Hence, rely on Shimla tour package for guiding you in the best possible manner. You can consider the following best places to visit with your family in Shimla:
- Naldehra: It is an offbeat destination in Shimla. This tiny town is a nature lover’s delight. Lord Curzon, a British man discovered Naldehra. With its breathtaking views, it will entice you. The lofty mountains and the Sutlej River provide the ideal background for your incredible and memorable photographs. In the 18-hole Naldehra Golf Course, you can soak in ample sunlight and enjoy the views of lush green mountains and valleys. You can chill out at the small but stunning Chadwick Falls. It is also a good trekking opportunity. Climb the 8 km rocky trail to reach the temple atop Shaily Peak. The nearby lake and dense forests make for a remarkable sight. Craignano Nature Park is small but serene and delightful. Visit it between 10.00 am to 5.30 pm for beholding the exotic flowers and pictographic nature trails. Mahunag Temple is also recommended for its healing and calming vibes.
- The Ridge: A popular large open space at the heart of Shimla city, it is a cultural destination. Large water tanks are placed underneath the ridge which supplies water to the city. Open from 8 am to 6 pm every day, it is a shopper’s paradise. There are cafés, shops, boutiques, bars, and restaurants lined up on either side of the street. You will love the gorgeous views surrounding this place. The Gothic structures, the holy Christ Church and the old heritage buildings enhance its beauty. You can walk uphill, take short steps or sit and relax. Various government fairs, exhibitions, and events are organized here. Come during the famous Summer Festival to witness the riot of merry colors and activities. You can hang out and binge-eat street food. You can watch the crowds, take innumerable snaps and spend a nice evening. Another highlight of this place is the 108-feet high Hanuman idol.
- Narkanda: One of the best places to visit in Shimla, Narkanda is a charming hilly town. You can visit it for its serenity and postcard-perfect scenery. Popular for skiing, it is surrounded by imposing hills, dense woodlands, and tropical forests. The canopies of the imposing pine, rhododendron, and silver oak trees appear brilliant. From 9,000 feet you can acquire panoramic views of the place. You can explore Derthu Mata Temple, juicy crimson red apple orchards, Mahamaya Temple, Tannu Jabar Lake, Koteshwar Mahadev Temple, Jau Baug, and Hatu Mata temple. Again, you can trek the Hatu Nag hill at a height of 3400 feet. No matter the season, you can savor marvelous hues and charm. You shouldn’t miss the surreal winter look. You can purchase traditional and authentic Himachali commodities, like shawls, woolen shoes, and Pattoo blankets and caps. Unleash the photographer in you as you capture exquisite frames of Narkanda from different angles.
- Gaiety Heritage Cultural Complex: Starting its journey in 1887, it is a renowned cultural hub of Shimla. Generally included in Shimla tour packages, it is a wonderful place to host celebrations and events. One of the oldest cultural complexes in India, it displays pre-Independence era artifacts, sculptures, photographs, and paintings. Initially, it was a 5-story building with an armory, galleries, a theatre, a ballroom, a bar, and a police office. Most parts, however, were razed to the ground owing to safety standards. After thoughtful renovation, it, now, houses a museum, an amphitheater, an art gallery, an exhibition center, and a multipurpose hall. Gape at the ancient Gothic-styled architecture, with Victorian-styled doors and large glass windows. The beautiful interiors will take your breath away. You can visit this center for performing arts from Monday to Friday. It remains open from 9 am to 5 pm. Enjoy the shows in the morning and performances in the evening.
- Green Valley: Nestled amidst thick lush green deodar and pine forests, it is a mesmerizing mountain range. It is also popular as Hassan Valley. Although less explored, it has ample opportunities to spend a relaxing vacation. You can observe the yaks grazing and wander in the meadows. At times you can spot rare species of birds and animals. Soak in the tranquility of the place, admire the curves, browns, and greens, click beautiful photographs, and inhale fresh and clean air. Rent a binocular for distant views. The pristine beauty is also every nature lover’s delight. You can even relish mouth-watering street food and sip hot beverages from roadside eateries.
- Shoja: Located in Seraj Valley, it is a quaint little hamlet that is still a hidden treasure. You can skip the hustle and bustle of crowded places, and enjoy the serenity with your family. It is also a popular trekker and backpacker’s destination. You can take a soothing walk amidst nature. You can explore the waterfalls, the wooden temples, ancient forts and lakes. Waterfall Point is a spell-binding point where you can stroll, sit and relax. Head on to the Tirthan Valley Great Himalayan National Park for wildlife, fishing and angling. Rsghupur Fort, built by Mandi rulers and now in ruins, is also a major highlight.
Thus, Shimla tour packages will offer the best possible alternatives for optimum satisfaction. When you plan your tour, consult your tour operator. Avail of lucrative offers and strike the best deal. Shimla remains an awesome choice for an ideal escapade with endless recreational activities.
Read here for more information.