The value of moral education for students
When students cell first admitted to schools, their scope of education and goal for the year is not to read and write fluently. The ERP for school in kindergarten focuses on making them accustomed to alphabets, numbers, shapes, and other basic things. The next step would be to get them to interact with each other positively, make them ripe some words, and practice pronunciation of simple small words. Somewhere along the line comes the introduction of moral education, probably in step five or six of their learning process in kindergarten.
The beginning of model education is marked by teachers when they start saying stories with a moral value in the end. We all have heard of the thirsty crow where a crow uses his intelligence to drink some water. It teaches us that when we have good values we are smart enough to survive in the world. Similarly, in another story, the fox and the grapes teach us that anything that we cannot achieve or any goal that we cannot reach ends up being undesirable to us.
Kindergarteners don’t understand the value of these stories along with the moral lessons. For them, the colorful pictures of the fox and the crow might have been more interesting. But along the line in the future, they are faced with their values. It helps them become capable students and good human beings.
Meaning of moral values
Moral values can be defined as a set of guidelines or principles that can help us navigate through life positively. It drives us to lead a good part of our life, free of wrongdoings. a child who has moral values imbibed in them in the process of growing up tends to become more successful. This is because the institution has prepared them not only for jobs but also for real-life situations.
It is difficult to build moral values in kindergartners because the pandemic does not allow the convenience of offline classes. Hence, teachers cannot get across the essence of a moral story through software for school management. The following methods can be adapted;
- Using videos and short picture PDFs. Students like to watch cartoons, and most cartoons these days do not have a message in the end. Instead of watching such shows, teachers can find and send cartoon shows which have a moral lesson in every episode.
- Distributing picture books and other forms of study material in a classroom that students or kindergartners can indulge in, at home, under the supervision of their parents.
- Teachers can act out a story or draw diagrams or even use printed images for storytelling purposes in video classes through LMS portals.
- Relying on hybrid classes or blended forms of classes where one or two days in the week students could be called for traditional classes, arranged with complete safety precautions, to make them indulge in activities which improve their motor functions, help them become creative, communicate, build moral values, and so on.
- Difficult times call for resourceful means. Teachers are trained professionally to find a way around everything. Similarly, by using the above methods, they can meet the academic and other goals including an understanding of moral values, even though a software for school management.
Benefits of moral education
The ultimate goal of moral education is to make students dependent on themselves and become good individuals in the future. Here are some other benefits that students of all grades can derive by being morally good;
- It helps a student to differentiate right from wrong, and logically reason with themselves to choose to do what is right.
- Personality development in students in a positive direction.
- Development in personal life leads to development in professional life too in the future, which might help them land up in good positions in their field of career.
- Helps students overcome impulsive and violent thoughts, and makes them honest and jealousy free.
- Overcoming bad influence in whatever form possible. If they have been in bad company, they will be able to remove themselves from the group.
- Students can understand the purpose of life, which is not to rise above all and not to earn the most money, it is to be intelligent, loving, dedicated and a good person in general. All other things come second.
When students develop moral values, besides receiving education in all forms from the institution, all the goals of the management are achieved. Academic progression is not the only thing a school aims at, it is the overall development that matters the most.
Also Read: Prepare For Competitive Exams Well Via Online Coaching Tips For Students.