A smile is the most memorable aspect of your face, so it’s no wonder people never miss noticing it! From injuries to discolouration — many things can ruin your confidence in your beautiful smile. In such cases, you can restore your self-confidence by improving your teeth’s appearance. The easiest and most effective way to do so is by getting veneers. Unlike most cosmetic treatments, using a porcelain veneer is not invasive. Dentists can apply this in two to three appointments depending on their equipment and your teeth condition.
If you consider getting a veneer or two, you are at the right place. This guide will provide you with all the necessary information you need to have before meeting your dentist.
What Is a Veneer?
A dental veneer, or simply veneer, is a thin shell made to attach to the tooth’s front surface. It will have the same texture and colour as a natural tooth, so it will appear as if they are natural.
Generally, manufacturers use resin-composite materials or porcelain to construct this. Further, a veneer will have a layer beneath, bonding to your teeth permanently.
When Should I Get a Veneer?
You can get a veneer if you feel like improving the way your teeth appear. You can get them on your front teeth in the top row for enhancement.
Generally, people get them to fix a range of tooth imperfections. It includes:
- Broken tooth
- Oddly shaped teeth
- Microdontia (smaller than average-sized teeth)
- Gaps between their teeth
- Pointed teeth
- Chipped teeth
Some people get a veneer to fix only their chipped or damaged teeth. At the same time, others get six to eight veneers to create a symmetrical look.
The Treatment Veneers Process
Once you decide to get the veneer treatment, you can fix an appointment with a dentist. Even though it is a cosmetic treatment, make sure to choose a doctor who values the function and health of your mouth.
You should check out the clinic’s track record and make sure you like their style. Then, you can start with the process. It will go as detailed below:
- Evaluation: Your dentist will examine your mouth and determine if the treatment is suitable for you. Besides, this treatment is permanent. Therefore, the dentist will make sure it will not harm you in any way.
- Shaping: After making sure, the treatment is suitable for you, the dentist will shape your teeth. They may remove about 1.5 mm enamel from your teeth and correct the gaps or chips.
- Selection of Shade: You can choose the shade of your new smile in this step. The lighter you go, the whiter your smile will be. It is advisable to select lighter shades by only two or three shades.
- Impression: The dentist will make an impression of your teeth using high-tech optical cameras. Then, they will use the impression to make veneer in perfect shape and size.
- Covering: It can take two to three weeks to create a veneer. Until then, the dentist will cover your teeth to protect them.
- Placing the Veneer: Once the veneer set arrives, your dentist will make sure they fit you correctly. Then, they will place them on your teeth permanently using specialised glue.
Veneer treatment is straightforward and minimally invasive. So, you do not have to worry about any side effects. Depending on the type of veneer you use, it can last for a decade.
This semi-permanent solution can help you regain your confidence. So, talk to a dentist today and start the process of enhancing your teeth. Then, you can simply light up every room you walk into with your smile!
If you’re interested, get a healthy smile with this dentist in Ballantyne by checking out this link!
For more information visit the website